Co-Supervision by External Professors

Doctoral researchers may need additional supervision in order to gain supervisory time, to receive more feedback, or because their research would benefit from the expertise of a professor or habilitated philosopher who does not work in our Department of Philosophy.

Doctoral researchers may request additional supervision from an external academic, either on the recommendation of their supervisor or on their own initiative. This should be negotiated with the primary supervisor, who may recommend a specific person to act as the external supervisor. Once the potential external supervisor has been identified, the researcher should contact this person to request external supervision of the doctoral project. The researcher may also apply for an external research stay grant to work with the external supervisor.

If the additional supervisor agrees to take on this responsibility, the researcher has to re-submit the form SL.D11, keeping the information of the main supervisor and adding the new supervisor's information to formalize the process.

Please send the form to, forwarding a copy to the VDP coordinator ( Any questions should be directed to the VDP coordinator.